HEALTH is what you EAT!
"Every time you eat or drink you are either feeding disease or fighting it!"
- Heather Morgan
The Power of Organic Fruits & Vegetables
Eating a healthy diet is not about strict limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, it’s about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, and boosting your mood.
Fruits and vegetables are full of fibre and all sorts of essential vitamins and minerals. But the chemicals that give fruits and vegetables their vibrant colours (called phytochemicals) have some pretty special qualities, too. And each colour has its own unique health benefits. We need about 5 veg and 2 fruit every day, to be the healthiest we can be. Any it can be easy. One practical tip is try adding in veg and fruit at every meal or snack.
Aside from the overall benefits of eating healthy; research points to the fact that eating the right foods also helps keep skin looking young and healthy. There is also evidence showing that when we don't care about what we eat our skin definitely suffers.
Here's a fun guide to what hidden treasures do different colored fruits & vegetables have naturally:
- Red- antioxidants
- Orange- high in carotenoids converted to vit A
- Yellow- beta-carotene, a source of Vitamin A
- Green- packed full of fibre, vitamins and minerals
- Blue/Purple- Anthocyanins are powerful antioxidants
- White/Brown- anthoxanthins, fibre
Replace Cooking Oil with Organic Cold-pressed Oils
The oils you use for everyday cooking are extracted from seeds, fruits, vegetables & nuts. The way that oil is extracted has a direct effect on how the oils tastes & amount of nutrients in it. Using heat for oil extraction degrades the nutritional quality & flavor. Using cold pressed methods produces, such as ‘Wooden Chakka’ Technique higher quality oil, albeit in lesser quantities. Cold pressed oils are nutritionally dense- great for cooking as well as skin care.
What's so good in them?
- Unprocessed - No added preservatives and chemicals
- Absolutely free of pesticides (which are arguably carcinogenic)
- High in Vitamin E and micro nutrients that are vital for our holistic well-being.
- Completely free from Trans-fat.
- Retains antioxidants.
- As it is manually filtered, it is more viscous and retains the flavour fully. This helps in lesser consumption (atleast by 20%) of oil as compared to the industrially processed refined oil.
Switch between different Cold-pressed Oils instead of cooking food with only one variety of oil. This ensures our bodies absorb various nutrients present in different oils.
Cold Pressed Oils can beat the expensive chemical creams - NATURALLY!
What you put on your skin is just as important as what you eat. In fact, most of what you put on your skin can be absorbed into your bloodstream. Cold pressed oils are the latest skincare heroes, especially for dry, sensitive skin that needs constant care, say dermatologists. These nourishing oils, when included in your daily skin and hair care regime can bring about a visible change for the better.
- Can be used as a toner and a moisturizer
- Act as a good hair mask and help in treating frizzy hair and prevents split ends
- Apply a few drops on wet, damp hair for styling
- It protects the skin, scalp and hair from environmental damages and infections.
- Helps in repair and rejuvenation of damaged skin cells and hair, thereby keeping them healthy.
- anti-ageing properties
- Highly beneficial in massages
To preserve the quality of these delicate cold-pressed oils, they have to be protected from light, oxygen and heat